3. Spend a few days in a living history park. There are many spread across the United States. Washington on the Brazos is located between Brenham and Navasota, TX. Visitors can experience what it was like to live as pioneers, with many demonstrations, classes and re-enactments offered throughout the year. There are many museums and a farm, as well as places to stay. Connor Prairie Living History Museum, located in Fishers, IN, offers glimpses into three different time periods.
4. If scary stuff is your thing, there are plenty of supposedly haunted places across the globe. Many have developed some pretty great reputations for thrilling travelers. Several offer tours that provide chilling stories about the residents that used to reside there. Some key spots in the U.S. are Alcatraz, the Bourbon-Orleans hotel and the Winchester Mystery House. Another interesting option is to visit high security sites around the world.
5. If nature and adventure are what you seek, you may want to try your hand at spelunking, but at very least, you should check out some of the beautiful cave tours available around the world. A few of the more exotic and interesting ones include the Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and the Puerto-Princesa underground river located in the Philippines that is labeled one of the New 7 Wonders of the world. Speaking of world wonders, visiting the destinations that have earned that prestigious title should be on everyone’s bucket list.
6. Have you ever wondered how something was made? There are plenty of factories and companies that are willing to give tours of their facilities. Some great examples are Hershey’s Chocolate World located in Hershey, PA, the Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory in Hyannis, MA and Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream Factory in Waterbury, VT. Most of these places will offer samples as well, making for a tasty and interesting trip!
So when it comes time to plan your next trip, consider going somewhere you never thought about before. Take a chance on something new and different. You may just come back a changed person-in a good way! And the memories will last you a lifetime.
Washington Travel Guide Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Your essential toolkit for good-looking skin and psyche on Travel
- Comfy Travel Outfit Trends for Women
- COSTANCE HALAVELI
- The Sveti Stefan Suite, Sveti Stefan, MON TENEGRO
- Wedding Venues for a Summer Wedding