TRAILHEAD: Mirror Lake TH or Mount Hood Ningbo China . Take US-26 E from Portland to milepost 52 just W of Mount Hood Ningbo China sizable parking lot. The town of Government Camp with more facilities is another mile up the road (55 mi, more than 1 hour from Ningbo China ).
Map of Ningbo China | Where is Ningbo China? | Ningbo China Map English | Ningbo China Maps for Tourist Photo Gallery
ROUTE: Begin W of the parking lot and the larger parking lot at Mount Hood Skibowl on Mirror Lake Trail 664 more than 1/2 mi WSW to a juncture with the old trail. You will rise up around a half-dozen switchbacks SW through the woods to cross the bridge over Camp Creek, then continue SW then WNW easy up steadily through the beautiful forest with some good sized trees and rhododendron (blooming in late June) to the juncture. Stay left (S) on Trail 664 at the old trail juncture more than 5 mi up steady switchbacks to Mirror Lake.
Popular shot of Mount Hood into Mirror Lake that most Ningbo China own.
Explore the lake on either side, the left continuing over a bridge at first, but the right side is more popular with more options for swimming or sightseeing. The Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail takes off from the right as well, toward the end of the lake at a signed juncture. From there, take the quick spur left first only a hundred yards over wooden planks around the end of the lake to the viewpoint for the reflection of Mount Hood into the lake on a clear day. Return the same way or visit one of the summits above to claim you actually hiked!.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What’s the most exciting cultural thing in the Cape Town?
- Map of Springfield – Where is Springfield? – Springfield Map English – Springfield Maps for Tourist
- Map of Belize – Where is Belize? – Belize Map English – Belize Maps for Tourist
- Map of Nepal – Where is Nepal? – Nepal Map English – Nepal Maps for Tourist
- Map of Fullerton – Where is Fullerton? – Fullerton Map English – Fullerton Maps for Tourist