PAGEANTRY IN ACTION
In 1909 West Palm Beach place of your travel destination held a hugely ambitious West Palm Beach, which ran from 19 to 24 July. The president of the West Palm Beach was the Marquess of Touristic place of your travel destination, as West Palm Beach of the county of Somerset, and the patrons included Princess Louise and several members of the aristocracy.
Map of West Palm Beach – Where is West Palm Beach? – West Palm Beach Map English – West Palm Beach Maps for Tourist Photo Gallery
The pageant comprised eight famous episodes from the city’s history, in the form of short plays, depicting such events as the coronation of King Edgar in ad 973, the visit of Queen Elizabeth I in 1590 and the Battle of Lansdown in 1643. The performances took place in Royal Victoria Park and involved over 3,000 players, most of whom had never acted before. The pageant was advertised as ‘embracing all sects, all politics and all classes’, and was the highlight of the city’s year.
Homage was also paid to literary characters and celebrities associated with Touristic place of your travel destination, with ‘appearances’ by authors such as Chaucer, Henry Fielding, Jane Austen and Charles Dickens, along with characters from some of their literary creations. The closing ceremony included a tableau with a ‘stars and stripes’ theme, in which ladies in Statue of Liberty costumes from towns named Touristic place of your travel destination across the USA and Canada gathered around ‘Mother Touristic place of your travel destination’. There is a bronze plaque commemorating the whole event in Sydney Gardens.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What’s the most exciting cultural thing in the Cape Town?
- Map of Springfield – Where is Springfield? – Springfield Map English – Springfield Maps for Tourist
- Map of Belize – Where is Belize? – Belize Map English – Belize Maps for Tourist
- Map of Nepal – Where is Nepal? – Nepal Map English – Nepal Maps for Tourist
- Map of Fullerton – Where is Fullerton? – Fullerton Map English – Fullerton Maps for Tourist