Map of Maputo Mozambique Maputo Mozambique Maps for Tourist
Just to the left of the bridge and creek heading back SE is an optional bailout or return loop route on Mozambique Mineral Springs Road (FR-5401, partially overgrown to begin). It’s 5 mi shorter, wide, flat, gravel, less intense, and filled with private rental cabins on Trapper Creek until the big orange gate blocking the road a hundred yards or so from the main Mozambique.
Map of Maputo Mozambique | Where is Maputo Mozambique? | Maputo Mozambique Map English | Maputo Mozambique Maps for Tourist Photo Gallery
To bypass the optional bailout and continue on to the lake or summits, follow Trail 133 past the Trapper Creek footbridge easily for 5 mi S before the composure of the day’s leisurely pace changes abruptly at the first switchback marked by a huge Doug fir blocking any other would-be trails. Hike steeply (but thankfully not too agonizingly) more than a mile W for 16 switchbacks before you reach a high spot on the ridgetop. Traverse easier slightly below the ridgeline on the left (S) and then back to the ridge again seeing Mount Hood along the way.
After walking down to a saddle begin to climb steeper up 16 more switchbacks. See Observation Peak through the big trees to the right , then West Soda Peak after crossing the ridge on a traverse S around a rocky section. Continue back to the ridge for an easier time. Begin to ascend steeper again traversing the right side of the ridge crest the final 2 mi W to the lake with a couple longer switchbacks along the way.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What’s the most exciting cultural thing in the Cape Town?
- Map of Springfield – Where is Springfield? – Springfield Map English – Springfield Maps for Tourist
- Map of Belize – Where is Belize? – Belize Map English – Belize Maps for Tourist
- Map of Nepal – Where is Nepal? – Nepal Map English – Nepal Maps for Tourist
- Map of Fullerton – Where is Fullerton? – Fullerton Map English – Fullerton Maps for Tourist