There are some tried and true, traditional vacations that are super fun for most everyone, such as the beach, the zoo, ski trips and various favorite theme parks. But if these are the only vacations you ever take, you are missing out on creating some fantastic new experiences that can only be achieved by stepping outside of the box and venturing into the world of non-traditional vacays.
Check out these non-traditional trip ideas:
1. Have you ever wondered where the beautiful scenes for Lord of the Rings were filmed? If you do some research, you’ll discover it was shot across both of New Zealand’s islands, and taking a trip there will offer you some amazing scenery, including some gorgeous National Parks. Would you like to see where The Hunger Games took place? The home of Katniss Everdeen, section 12, was shot in an abandoned village in Charlotte, NC that was built in the 1920’s. Think about your favorite movies or shows, and get started planning your next trip to see where they were filmed!
2. When it comes to festivals, there is probably one for everything. Love garlic? Check out the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA. Live music, a cooking contest and a mass of amazing food infused with garlic are the main attractions. Perhaps you are less of a foodie, and more of a history buff. Then plan a visit to see the Battle of Gettysburg re-enactment in Gettysburg, PA. Festivals encourage fun interaction and conversation. Not only will you enjoy the festival, but you may discover a great new town or city that you never would have visited otherwise.
Washington Map Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The 10 Best Spa Hotels in Austrian Alps
- FOUR SEASONS LANDAA GIRAAVARU MALDIVES
- Your essential toolkit for good-looking skin and psyche on Travel
- Comfy Travel Outfit Trends for Women
- COSTANCE HALAVELI