One of the most popular and beautiful islands in Greece, Corfu is the perfect getaway for beach lovers. In this article, we cover the ins and outs of travelling to Corfu for a day trip or even a full week. We talk about everything from how to land on the island by plane, taxi or boat to what you should pack in your luggage for a long-term stay.
Map of Corfu
Corfu is an enchanting island located in the Ionian Sea. With its dramatic coastline, lush green valleys and wild volcanic peaks, it is easy to see why this destination has been a favorite of travelers for centuries. Whether you’re looking to relax on the white sand beaches or explore the rugged interior, Corfu has something for everyone.
This comprehensive guide will help you plan your trip and make the most of your time on Corfu. From planning your route to packing essentials, we’ll cover every detail so you can enjoy a hassle-free visit!
The Definitive Guide To Corfu Travel
If you’re considering a trip to Corfu, it’s time to start packing! This stunning island is located in the Ionian Sea and offers everything from white-sand beaches to rugged mountain landscapes. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll help you plan your trip and make the most of your time on Corfu. From choosing your destination to packing essentials, we’ll cover every detail so you can have an enjoyable visit!
How to Get to Corfu
If you’re considering a trip to Corfu, there are a few things you need to know before you go. First and foremost, Corfu is a small island, so it’s not the easiest place to get to. However, with a little planning and some help from the internet, you can get there without any trouble. Here are some tips on how to get to Corfu:
The most common way to get to Corfu is by ferry. There are several different companies that operate ferries between Greece and Corfu, and all of them offer very good service. The ferries usually leave from Athens or Thessaloniki and arrive in Parga or Ithaca, respectively. Prices vary depending on the time of year and the type of vessel you choose, but they’re generally reasonable. You can also take the bus between Athens and Thessaloniki or between Athens and Parga, but buses tend to be more expensive.
If flying is your preferred method of transport, then you’ll have two options. The first option is to fly into Athens Airport and then take the ferry from there.
Places to Visit in Corfu
-Places to visit in the city of Corfu
-The best beaches on Corfu
-A top 5 hiking route around Corfu
-The best small towns to visit in Corfu
-Where to eat and drink in Corfu
Things to Do on Corfu
-Take a walk around the city of Corfu. Visit the old town, where you’ll find beautiful churches and squares. Or stop by the market for fresh produce and pastry.
-Visit one of the many beaches on the island. There are plenty of options close to the city, or head out to one of the more remote spots if you want a bit more privacy.
-Take a road trip around the island. Start in the city and head out towards the coast, or take a different route through the mountains. There’s something for everyone on this gorgeous island!
Restaurants and Cafes on Corfu
Corfu is a popular destination for tourists, so there are many great restaurants and cafes to choose from. Here are our top picks:
1. Pafos Taverna: This restaurant is located in the main town of Pafos and offers delicious Greek food. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, and the staff are very welcoming. They have a wide selection of dishes to choose from, making it perfect for all tastes.
2. Corfiote Gourmet: This cafe is located in the small town of Corfu Town, just a few minutes’ walk from the beach. It’s a great place to relax with a coffee and some delicious pastries or sandwiches. The staff are helpful and friendly, and they offer excellent value for money.
3. Kafenion Restaurant: Kafenion is one of the most famous restaurants on Corfu, and it’s definitely worth going out of your way to visit. It’s located in the heart of the city, close to all the attractions. The food here is excellent, and the service is top-notch. They also have a great wine list to choose from.
Hotels on Corfu
There are many options for hotels on Corfu, from luxurious resorts to family-run pensions. Here are our top picks:
1. The Roussos Palace Hotel: This large, family-owned hotel is situated in the heart of the city and offers excellent facilities, including a spa, a pool and a tennis court. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars on site.
2. The Villa Amalia Resort: This popular resort is set on an enviable location overlooking the sea, with impressive grounds including a private beach and a children’s play area. There are plenty of facilities on offer, including a spa and several restaurants.
3. The Sunset Palace Hotel: One of the newest hotels on the island, this property offers excellent facilities including an indoor pool and a fitness centre. It is situated in the centre of town and has comfortable rooms with all modern amenities.
4. The Blue Lagoon Pension: This small but charming pension is situated just outside the city in Xaladesi Bay and offers excellent facilities, including swimming pools and gardens. There is also a small bar serving local wines and refreshments.