If you’re looking for information on St. Louis and the surrounding area, including the best places to stay, see, and do in the city, St. Louis For Tourists is your ultimate resource. This guide offers a map of St. Louis with the top attractions marked and includes detailed descriptions of each spot so that you have all the information you need to plan an unforgettable vacation!
Map Of St. Louis
If you’re looking for a tourist destination with plenty of history and attractions, look no further than St. Louis! Whether you’re interested in visiting the iconic sites like the Gateway Arch or admiring famous architecture like the Saint Louis Art Museum, a map of the city will help guide your travels. Keep reading to learn more about the best places to visit in St. Louis, and be sure to check out our map for reference!
St. Louis For Tourists: The Ultimate Guide With Maps Photo Gallery
What is St. Louis?
St. Louis is a city located in the state of Missouri, and is the largest metropolitan area in the state. The city has a population of over 1,300,000, making it one of the most populous cities in the United States. St. Louis is known for its history and architecture, and also for its food and entertainment options. The city has a number of attractions that make it an ideal tourist destination, including the Gateway Arch and the St. Louis Zoo. There are also a number of tours that can be taken in the city, including tours of the Missouri Botanical Garden and tours of Downtown St. Louis.
Professional and Personal Recommendations
If you’re looking for a city to visit in Missouri, St. Louis is definitely the place to go. Not only is it rich in history and culture, but it’s also one of the most walkable cities in the United States. Here are some personal and professional recommendations to help make your trip more enjoyable:
-Start your visit by exploring the downtown area. There are plenty of things to see, like the Gateway Arch and the Art Museum of St. Louis, and you’ll be within walking distance of most attractions.
-If you’re looking for a unique experience, consider visiting the Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. You can tour the planes or take a flight yourself!
-If you’d rather stay put, head to bustling neighborhoods like Midtown or Soulard for shopping and dining options. Both areas have plenty of outdoor seating as well.
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, there’s no way to avoid experiencing all that St. Louis has to offer!
Things to Do in St. Louis
Looking for things to do in St. Louis? Well, look no further! This city has plenty to offer tourists, including world-class museums, delicious restaurants, and charming neighborhoods. Whether you’re a history buff or enjoy spending time in the city’s bustling CBD, we’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide to things to do in St. Louis.
1. Visit the Saint Louis Art Museum – Located in Forest Park just minutes from downtown, the Saint Louis Art Museum is one of the most popular museums in Missouri. With over two million visitors annually, it’s easy to see why – the museum boasts an impressive collection of art from around the world, including pieces by Monet, Rembrandt, Degas, and Picasso.
2. Check out the Gateway Arch – One of St. Louis’ most famous landmarks is the Gateway Arch, which stands as one of the only original structures remaining from when the city was founded in 1831. The arch is also home to one of the city’s most popular attractions – The Tower Grove Garden Mini Golf Course.
Where to Stay in St. Louis
If you’re looking for a place to stay while in St. Louis, we’ve got you covered! Here are some of our favorite places to stay in the city.
1. The Crowne Plaza: This hotel is perfect for those looking for a comfortable stay with all the amenities they need. It has a variety of rooms and suites, as well as great breakfast options.
2. Hilton Garden Inn: Another great option for those looking for a comfortable stay is the Hilton Garden Inn. It’s located close to many popular tourist attractions, and offers a variety of room types and amenities.
3. Residence Inn by Marriott: If you’re seeking luxury while in St. Louis, look no further than the Residence Inn by Marriott. It offers spacious rooms with all the amenities you could ask for, as well as great dining options nearby.
4. Best Western Plus Ballpark Village: If you’re looking for somewhere affordable to stay while in St. Louis, we recommend checking out the Best Western Plus Ballpark Village. It’s close to all the action, and offers great value for your money.
What to Eat in St. Louis
St. Louis is a city full of amazing food and drinks, so it’s no wonder that many tourists flock here for weekend getaways and longer trips. Whether you’re looking for old-world European flavors or something more unique, this city has something for everyone. Here are some of the best restaurants in St. Louis to eat at while you’re on your trip:
1. Café du Monde – If you’re looking for French fare, Café du Monde is definitely the place to go in St. Louis. The café is famous for its beignets (fried doughnuts), café au lait, and other classic breakfast items. They also have a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, pastas, and desserts that will satisfy any appetite.
2. Pizzeria Uno – Another Italian restaurant that should not be missed while visiting St. Louis is Pizzeria Uno. They have an extensive menu with everything from pizza to pasta dishes to calzones. Plus, they have a great selection of beer and wine to pair with your meal.
Where to Eat in Chicago?
Chicago has so many great restaurants that it’s hard to decide where to start. But if you’re looking for a classic Chicago dining experience, the following are some top picks.
1. Giordano’s: This iconic Italian restaurant is always crowded, but the wood-fired pizza and extensive wine list make it worth the wait.
2. Fisherman’s Wharf: This long stretch of dockside restaurants offers fresh seafood at affordable prices. Make sure to try the clam chowder!
3. The Purple Pig: This gastropub is known for its eclectic menu and fun atmosphere. It can be a bit pricey, but it’s worth it for the delicious food and drink options.
4. Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria: This family-owned pizzeria is famous for its deep-dish pies and huge slices. It can get crowded, so reservations are recommended.
5. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: If you’re in the mood for some seafood, head to this popular chain restaurant. You won’t be disappointed with their fresh seafood dishes.