Sanremo Travel Guide For Tourists: Map Of Sanremo, Italy
Sanremo is the largest city on the Italian Riviera. It is a town that has been named as one of Europe’s most beautiful places and is composed of a small port, a medieval quarter, and a hilltop Citadel overlooking an old fishing village.
Map of Sanremo
Sanremo is a city on the Ligurian Sea and hosts the annual Sanremo Music Festival. The city is known for its opera and classical music festivals, as well as for its luxury hotels and casinos.
The best way to explore Sanremo is by foot, since it’s small enough to walk around and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants to enjoy while you’re there. If you’re looking for something more organized, though, there are a few tours available that will take you around the city center and introduce you to some of its key attractions.
To get to Sanremo from Milan, take the A11 freeway southbound until you reach Genoa. From there, take the A12 eastbound until you reach Sanremo.
From Rome, take the A1 freeway southbound until you reach Genoa. From there, take the A12 eastbound until you reach Sanremo.
From Naples take the A7 motorway westbound until you reach Pisa. From there, take the A10 motorway northbound until you reach Genoa.
Sanremo Travel Guide For Tourists: Map Of Sanremo, Italy Photo Gallery
Introduction to the City of Sanremo
If you are planning a trip to Sanremo, Italy and would like to know what sights and attractions are worth visiting, this travel guide is for you. The map below will give you an idea of where to find the main areas of interest in Sanremo.
Sanremo is located on the west coast of Liguria in the province of Imperia. The city has a population of about 42,000 and lies on a promontory that overlooks the Tyrrhenian Sea. The city has two main areas: the old town, which is built on a hill and is composed of narrow streets and squares with medieval architecture; and the new town, which was built in the late 19th century on a more level area south of the old town.
The old town is home to many churches, including Santa Maria Assunta, Sant `Elia, San Marco and Sant `Anna. The cathedral contains works by Michelangelo, Andrea Palladio and Giambologna. There are also many other interesting places to visit in Sanremo including the botanical gardens, which contain a collection of plants from all around the world; Il Fortino fortress; Palazzo Duc.
Things to See and Do in Sanremo
In Sanremo, visitors can enjoy the beautiful coastline, stroll through charming old town neighborhoods, and take in some of the area’s most famous landmarks. Here is a map of the city that will help you get around:
-Sanremo’s central Piazza Grande is a popular place to start exploring. This square features a statue of Garibaldi and is surrounded by important historical buildings like the Palazzo Reale and the Teatro Ariston.
-To the east of Piazza Grande is Via Roma, an artery lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries. This street also leads to Piazza d’Italia, which features an impressive fountain and several noteworthy churches.
-A short walk north of Via Roma brings you to Calle della Libertà. This narrow street is home to charming boutiques and cafes as well as several art galleries.
-South of Calle della Libertà laysVia Garibaldi, one of Sanremo’s most picturesque streets. This avenue has beautiful old homes, lively cafes and bars, and a few imposing palazzi.
Where to Stay in Sanremo
Sanremo is a delightful town located in northern Italy on the Italian Riviera. The town has a population of approximately 43,000 inhabitants and many tourists visit each year to enjoy its charming atmosphere, scenic beauty and lively festivals.
To make your stay in Sanremo as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, we recommend you consider staying in one of the following accommodations:
– Hotel Rossini: This elegant hotel features spacious rooms with all the modern amenities guests need. The Rossini offers an excellent location in the heart of Sanremo and its professional staff will help you make the most of your stay.
– Pensione Regina Margherita: Located just minutes from central Sanremo, this pension offers a wide range of accommodation options for budget-minded travelers including private rooms and apartments. The friendly staff are always happy to assist with any questions you may have about the area.
– Hotel Ristorante La Lanterna: Set in a beautifully restored building dating back to 17th century, this charming hotel offers comfortable guestrooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi access. The restaurant serves delicious regional dishes and is perfect for a relaxed evening out.
Where to Eat in Sanremo
Sanremo is a town that lives and breathes food, so there’s no way to miss out on the local cuisine. Here are some of the best places to eat in Sanremo:
– Pizzeria Da Gino: This pizzeria is located in the center of town, close to all the main attractions. The pizza is fresh and delicious, and the staff are friendly and welcoming.
– La Lanterna: This restaurant is located on the top of a hill overlooking the harbor, and it has amazing views of Sanremo during summertime. The food here is also very good, with options such as salads, pasta dishes, and fish dishes.
– Il Giardino d’Inverno: This restaurant is located near the Sanremo Casino, and it specializes in traditional Italian dishes. It’s a great place to go for a romantic dinner or for a group outing.
– La Bottega di Antonio:
This small but cozy cafe is perfect for breakfast or lunch. The food here is simple but delicious, with options such as sandwiches and Panini (a type of sandwich).