Berlin is known for its high-quality museums and galleries, but the German city of Stuttgart offers a lot to see as well. If you’re looking at planning a trip to this region of Germany, then this travel guide from JustTravel is going to be the perfect resource for all your needs.
Map of Stuttgart
If you’re looking for a city to visit in southern Germany, look no further than Stuttgart. This vibrant city is home to some of the best museums and cultural attractions in the region, as well as some of the most popular nightlife areas.
Here’s a rundown of some of the top things to do in Stuttgart:
1. Visit the Porsche Museum – This museum is home to some of the world’s most iconic cars, including a number of models that have been featured in movies and TV shows. If you’re a car enthusiast, this is definitely worth checking out.
2. Take a walk through the Rosensteinpark – This expansive green space is perfect for a relaxing stroll, and it’s located just minutes from the city center. You’ll find plenty of cafes and restaurants along the way, so you can enjoy your time outdoors without having to worry about getting hungry or thirsty.
3. Attend a concert at Mercedes-Benz Arena – This arena is home to some of Germany’s top musical acts, and it’s usually packed with fans during peak season.
Plan Your Trip To Stuttgart With This Travel Guide Photo Gallery
Planning your trip to Stuttgart can be a little daunting, but with this guide you’ll be able to navigate your way around the city with ease. From transportation to attractions, our guide has everything you need to make the most of your visit.
Attractions In and Near Stuttgart
If you’re looking for things to do in and near Stuttgart, you’ll be happy to know that the city has plenty to offer tourists of all ages. From world-renowned museums like the Staatliche Kunstsammlungen and the Schlossmuseum to charming neighborhoods like Schlossgarten and Untergarten, there’s something for everyone in Stuttgart. Here are some of the most popular attractions in and around the city:
1. Staatliche Kunstsammlungen – This expansive museum features a wide variety of art from around the world, including works by Rembrandt, Monet, and Picasso.
2. Schlossgarten – This beautiful park is home to more than 15 century-old royal buildings, including the Residenz Palace and Schlosspark Theatre.
3. Untergarten – This trendy district is home to a number of trendy shops and restaurants as well as a variety of gardens.
4. Zoo – If you’re looking for a fun day out with your family, visit the zoo where you can see animals from all over the world.
Food in Stuttgart
If you’re looking for a delicious meal in Stuttgart, be sure to check out one of the city’s many restaurants. From international cuisine to traditional German dishes, there’s something for everyone. Plus, the city has a wide selection of bars and pubs where you can enjoy a drink or bite to eat after your meal.
Here are some of our favorite restaurants in Stuttgart:
The Metropole is a popular spot for international cuisine. The restaurant offers an extensive menu that includes items like risotto and lamb shank.
Milchbar is another great option for those looking for something different when it comes to food. The restaurant specializes in Bavarian cuisine, which means you can expect items like pork knuckle and spaetzle on the menu.
If you’re looking for a more traditional German meal, try Königstuhl. This restaurant serves up hearty meals such as pork chops and mashed potatoes.
Activities in Stuttgart
If you’re looking to break the monotony of your trip, consider checking out some of the city’s attractions. Whether you want to explore an old monastery or take a stroll through a botanical garden, there are plenty of things to do in Stuttgart.
Here are five of our favorite activities:
1. Take a bike ride through the gardens around Schlosspark.
2. Visit the Hofgarten, home to a zoo and several museums.
3. Take a walk down Neue Straße, which is known for its boutiques and cafes.
4. Check out the Semperoper opera house, which has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5. Visit the KiKa Museum for contemporary art or go for a hike in Schlossberg Park.