The Definitive Guide To Nashville
Nashville’s recently exploded into a pop music destination, and with it has come a slew of new restaurants and bars. Whether you’re looking for an evening out in Nashville after work or want to explore the city on your own, there is an endless amount of options for things to see and do in Nashville. This article will give you a great starting point for planning your next trip!
Nashville is a city that has something for everyone. With its rich history and growing environment of culture and arts, Nashville is the perfect place to live, work, and raise a family. Whether you’re looking for a lively nightlife scene, scenic countryside views, or an energetic city center with plenty of activity and shopping opportunities, Nashville has it all. In this blog section, we will highlight some of the most popular attractions in Nashville as well as provide tips on how to maximize your visit.
Nashville-Davidson Map: The Definitive Guide To Nashville Photo Gallery
Nashville Music Scene
The Nashville music scene is a hotbed of activity and creativity. If you’re looking to get in on the action, or just take a peek at some of the best music around, these are the blogs you should be reading.
Nashville Scene is a long-running blog that’s dedicated to covering everything related to Nashville music. From album reviews to interviews with musicians and songwriters, this blog is comprehensive and always up-to-date.
Tennessean is a news site that covers Tennessee politics and statewide events. But don’t let that deter you from checking out their Nashville music section; they’ve got plenty of great stories about the city’s thriving music scene.
The Tennessean’s Live Music Blog
If you’re looking for live music recommendations, The Tennessean’s Live Music Blog is the place to go. They’ve got all the latest information on upcoming concerts and festival lineups, so you can make sure to catch your favorite bands in action.
Nashville Hot Spots
1. The Bluegrass Inn: This Nashville hot spot is known for its delicious cuisine and lively atmosphere. It’s a great place to go with friends or family, and the staff is always friendly and accommodating.
2. The Green Door: This intimate jazz club is a great place to enjoy live music and fine drinks. It’s always crowded, so be prepared to wait in line.
3. The Ryman Auditorium: This historic building is home to some of Nashville’s best concerts and performances. Whether you’re a music aficionado or just looking for a fun night out, this is the place for you.
4. The Tennessee State Capitol: If you’re interested in history, then this is the place for you. The Tennessee State Capitol is home to some of the most iconic architecture in Nashville, and it’s a must-see for tourists and locals alike.
Top 10 Things to do in Nashville
Nashville is a city full of history, music, and culture. It’s also one of the most popular destinations in the USA. Whether you’re a tourist or a resident, there are plenty of things to do in Nashville.
Here are some of the top things to do in Nashville:
1. Visit Music City Center: This is the largest entertainment complex in the country and it has everything from a movie theater to an ice rink. It’s also home to the world-famous Nashville Symphony Orchestra.
2. Visit The Franklin Institute: This museum is home to some of the world’s most famous exhibits, including an exhibit on Nikola Tesla.
3. Drive around Nashville: There are many scenic drives around Nashville that you can take to see some of the city’s best attractions.
4. Take a tour of Vanderbilt University: This prestigious university has a lot to offer visitors, including beautiful gardens and impressive buildings.
5. Eat at some of Nashville’s best restaurants: From casual diners to Michelin-starred restaurants, there’s something for everyone in Nashville restaurants.
Arts and Entertainment
In the past few years Nashville has exploded in popularity as a music city. From award-winning musicians to thriving arts and entertainment scenes, there’s never been a better time to be a local. Here are our top recommendations for experiencing everything Nashville has to offer.
1. Take a walking tour of downtown Nashville. Start at Broadway and 12th Avenue and explore the many shops, restaurants and galleries on your way. There are also plenty of free walking tours available throughout the week.
2. Catch a concert at the Ryman Auditorium. Home to the Grand Ole Opry since 1929, the Ryman is one of Nashville’s most iconic venues. Not only can you see some of the country’s biggest stars play here, but you can also explore the historic building itself.
3. Visit one of Nashville’s art galleries. In addition to hosting world-renowned artists, Nashville has an abundance of small galleries that are perfect for exploring on your own or taking a guided tour. Many galleries offer free admission on Thursday nights during summer months.
4. Check out historic sites like The Hermitage and The Parthenon in downtown Nashville. Both are worth visiting for their architecture alone, but don ‘t miss out on the history.
5. Hit up a festival like the Country Music Marathon or the CMA Fest. If you’re looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon, these festivals are great for catching up with friends and spending time in Nashville’s vibrant downtown area.
6. Go see a show at Ryman Auditorium, home of the Grand Ole Opry from 1909 – 1931 and now home to the Grammy Museum.
7. Drink at one of Nashville’s many bars like Jackalope Jacks, The Backstage Bar & Grill, or The 5 Spot!
Eating and Drinking in Nashville
When it comes to food and drink in Nashville, there are plenty of choices to be made. Whether you’re looking for a casual bite or an upscale dinner, the city has something for everyone. Here are some of the best places to get your grub on in Nashville:
-Biscuit Love: This popular breakfast spot offers everything from biscuits and gravy to Belgian waffles and eggs benedict. And don’t forget their famous chicken and waffles dish!
-The Public House: This bar is known for its extensive beer list and wide variety of menu items. Try the macaroni and cheese or the Philly cheesesteak sandwich for a delicious meal.
-The Catbird Seat: This classy wine bar offers an eclectic selection of wine, snacks, and sandwiches. Sample dishes like the lamb shank lettuce wrap or the ricotta gnocchi sandwich.
-Fiddle & Bow Tavern: This pub is great for those looking for a festive atmosphere with fantastic food options like Irish shepherd’s pie or butternut squash soup. Plus, they have an extensive beer list!
Shopping in Nashville
Visiting Nashville is a great way to get out and see the city, but it can be hard to know where to start. This guide will help you find the best places to shop in Nashville.
Nashville is known for its high-end shopping, so if you’re looking for luxury brands like Louis Vuitton or Tiffany’s, you’ll want to head to either The Mall at Green Hills or The Galleria at Vanderbilt. However, there are also plenty of other great shops scattered throughout the city.
If you’re in the mood for something more affordable, check out The Bluegrass State Emporium or Second Time Around. Both stores have a wide variety of clothing and accessories, as well as home goods and furniture.
And if you’re looking for a unique shopping experience, be sure to check out The Factory at Franklin. This store is all about vintage fashion and home wares, so it’s a great place to find unique pieces that won’t be found anywhere else.
Sports Teams in Nashville
Nashville is home to some of the best sports teams in the world. From NFL teams to MLB squads, there is something for everyone in Music City. Here are five of the best sports teams in Nashville.
1. Tennessee Titans – The NFL team based in Nashville is one of the most successful franchises in league history, with six division championships and two Super Bowl appearances. In recent years, they have had some high-profile off-field incidents, but on the field they are still one of the most dominant teams in the NFL.
2. Nashville Predators – The NHL team based in Nashville has been around since 1997 and has had a lot of success over that time, reaching the Stanley Cup Finals three times (including back-to-back wins in 2004 and 2005). They are consistently one of the top teams in the league, and their fan base is passionate and devoted.
3. Nashville Sounds – The Triple-A baseball team from Nashville is one of the most successful minor league franchises in all of baseball, with nine division titles and four World Series championships. Known for their exciting play on both offense and defense, the Sounds are a must-watch for any baseball fan.