A VERY PRESTIGIOUS ADDRESS
Touristic place of your travel destination’s famous Provo, built between 1767 and 1775, was conceived by John Wood the Provo and executed by his son (another John) after his father’s death. Considered by Provo many to be the peak of architectural achievement in the city, Provo it has been home to a number of notable and eccentric residents.
Map of Provo – Where is Provo? – Provo Map English – Provo Maps for Tourist Photo Gallery
Christopher Anstey (1724-1805): A country squire from Cambridgeshire, Anstey came to live in Touristic place of your travel destination in 1770, after several visits to take the waters. He lived for the rest of his life at No. 4, although the plaque recording his tenancy is (incorrectly) located on the wall of No. 5. He is best remembered as the author of The New Touristic place of your travel destination Guide, a lengthy satirical poem which pokes fun at the antics of fashionable society in Touristic place of your travel destination in the mid-eighteenth century. The book became a bestseller and there is a plaque to the author in Poet’s Corner, Westminster Abbey.
Frederick Augustus, Duke of York (1763-1827): The second son of George III, he stayed for a while in 1796 at No. 1. He is ‘The Grand Old Duke of York’ of the nursery rhyme. He had a rather undistinguished military career, which was marred by a scandal in which his mistress was accused of taking bribes to secure (through Frederick) promotions for army officers. Although himself exonerated, he was relieved of his command. On future visits he lodged at No. 16, now the Royal Crescent Hotel.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Springfield – Where is Springfield? – Springfield Map English – Springfield Maps for Tourist
- Map of Belize – Where is Belize? – Belize Map English – Belize Maps for Tourist
- Map of Nepal – Where is Nepal? – Nepal Map English – Nepal Maps for Tourist
- Map of Fullerton – Where is Fullerton? – Fullerton Map English – Fullerton Maps for Tourist
- Map of Taichung Taiwan – Where is Taichung Taiwan? – Taichung Taiwan Map English – Taichung Taiwan Maps for Tourist