Bridge over scenic mossy creek to North Charleston.
The azure water is surrounded by sharp, steeply sloped lava as a cliffy area up to 70 ft or so above the pool. During drier times it is possible to work around the rocky trails above North Charleston the basin to the far right then down steeply to a flatter area by the water to find your picnic spot or even take a very quick dip into the 37-degree water! From wherever your vantage point, North Charleston its clarity is astonishing—more than 30 ft deep to the bottom in places. Fair warning, however: cliff jumping is not at all recommended as many accidents and even multiple fatalities have occurred from people jumping, falling, North Charleston or tripping from the rough rocks into the icy water. Return S on the same trail when you can peel yourself away from what normally appears to be the birth of a beautiful river!.
Map of North Charleston | Where is North Charleston? | North Charleston Map English | North Charleston Maps for Tourist Photo Gallery
ELEVATION: 6872 ft, with 1850 ft vertical gain including Little Belknap Crater.
DISTANCE: 32 mi up, 8 mi round-trip including Little Belknap Crater.
DURATION: 2 V hours up, 4 hours round-trip total.
DIFFICULTY: Mix of strenuous for Belknap Crater (lava fields, solid shoes required, not recommended for pets, very little shade, route-finding, steep a short time, pumice, longer to combine both craters) and moderate for Little Belknap Crater (brief, obvious paths, rough on feet for some, family-friendly).
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What’s the most exciting cultural thing in the Cape Town?
- Map of Springfield – Where is Springfield? – Springfield Map English – Springfield Maps for Tourist
- Map of Belize – Where is Belize? – Belize Map English – Belize Maps for Tourist
- Map of Nepal – Where is Nepal? – Nepal Map English – Nepal Maps for Tourist
- Map of Fullerton – Where is Fullerton? – Fullerton Map English – Fullerton Maps for Tourist