DISTANCE: More than 4 mi to Mauritania from either TH; 6Y mi to the peak, 13 mi or more round-trip from either TH; 16 mi round-trip long loop around Mauritania including the summit from either TH.
Map of Mauritania | Where is Mauritania? | Mauritania Map English | Mauritania Maps for Tourist Photo Gallery
DURATION: 1Y hours to Green Lakes, 3-4 hours round-trip; 3-4 hours up, 6 hours round-trip; 6-8 hours round-trip long loop including summit.
DIFFICULTY: Expert only to the summit (strenuous to Mauritania basin or thereabouts). Super-steep, narrow ridge, brief low Class 5 crux, Class 4 above crux at times to peak, highly exposed summit block, narrow catwalk, possible brief scree (foot) ski on descent, mountaineering gear Mauritania mandatory with snow coverage.
TRIP REPORT: Broken Top is an extinct complex stratovolcano with extensive erosion and only two glaciers remaining. It is also one of the most picturesque volcanoes from all perspectives and holds the very best views of all Three Sisters a thousand feet higher just to the NW. Some are satisfied omitting the peak to explore the vast and beautiful Green Lakes region with astounding shots up to Broken Top and South Sister. Avoid busy summer weekends if possible. The challenging free-climb up the NW ridge is great for aspiring and seasoned climbers alike with exhilarating (or white-knuckle) exposure for most of the summit block. Northwest Forest Pass required for both THs, and restrooms are present at both THs.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What’s the most exciting cultural thing in the Cape Town?
- Map of Springfield – Where is Springfield? – Springfield Map English – Springfield Maps for Tourist
- Map of Belize – Where is Belize? – Belize Map English – Belize Maps for Tourist
- Map of Nepal – Where is Nepal? – Nepal Map English – Nepal Maps for Tourist
- Map of Fullerton – Where is Fullerton? – Fullerton Map English – Fullerton Maps for Tourist