If you are looking for a map of Charlotte and want to know the best spots to explore, or if you’re planning a trip and want to see what’s nearby, this Charlotte Travel Guide for visitors is just what you need!
Map of Charlotte
Charlotte is a vibrant city with history and culture. It’s a great place to live, work, and play. There are plenty of things to do in Charlotte, from visiting museums and galleries to indulging in the local cuisine. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a long-time resident, our Charlotte travel guide will help you make the most of your visit.
Get The Charlotte Travel Guide: Map of Tourists Guide To Charlotte Photo Gallery
Things To Do in Charlotte
The Charlotte region offers tourists a diverse range of things to do. Whether you’re looking to explore the city’s historic neighborhoods, take in some of the region’s top art museums, or simply enjoy a day at the beach, there is something for everyone in Charlotte.
Below are some of our favorite activities and attractions in Charlotte that can give you a taste of what the city has to offer:
1. Check out some of Charlotte’s top art museums. You won’t be disappointed by the collection housed at the Museum of Art or the Carolina Museum of Art – both are world-renowned institutions. If you have time to spare, also consider visiting the Belk Collection at Blumenthal Media Arts Center or shifting your focus to contemporary art at the Nasher Museum of Art.
2. Take a stroll down memory lane in historic neighborhoods like Myers Park, Dilworth, and Plaza Midwood. Visiting these neighborhoods is like stepping back in time – they’ve all been designated as National Historic Landmarks. Bonus points if you can spot a celebrity resident while exploring!
3. Catch a show at one of Charlotte’s top theaters. From Broadway hits to family-friendly comedies, you’ll be entertained by the best artists in town. The Carolina Theater, Belk Theater and Blumenthal Performing Arts Center are great choices.
4. Bring your dog along – Charlotte was named America’s Best Big-City Park City for 2018!
5. Hit the local farmer’s market at Myers Park to enjoy fresh produce and handmade crafts on a weekly basis.
Transportation in Charlotte
One of the most popular methods of getting around Charlotte is by car. Charlotte has a large network of roads and highways that make it easy to get around. There are also several public transportation options available, including buses and light rail.
If you’re looking for a way to get around without having to drive, there are several options available to you as well. Charlotte has a number of bike paths and trails that make it easy to get around on two wheels. And if you’re looking for a more leisurely way to get around, Charlotte has a number of walking trails as well.
Whatever your transportation needs may be, Charlotte has something for you. So take some time to explore the city’s many attractions and see what makes it such a popular destination for tourists.
Eating Out In Charlotte
If you’re looking for a place to eat, Charlotte has something for everyone. From family-friendly restaurants to unique spots with fantastic food, there’s something for everyone in the Queen City. Here are some of our favorites:
1. The Daily Dish – This casual spot is perfect for anyone looking for a quick meal. They have a variety of sandwiches and salads, as well as some great desserts.
2. Zanzibar – If you’re in the mood for some delicious East African cuisine, Zanzibar is definitely worth checking out. They have a variety of dishes, all of which are cooked to perfection.
3. The Ordinary – This restaurant is known for its farm-to-table cuisine, and it’s definitely worth trying their dishes. They have a wide variety of items on their menu, so there’s something for everyone.
4. Uptown Grill – Located in Uptown Charlotte, this restaurant is perfect for those who want to enjoy some fine dining without spending a lot of money. Their food is top notch, and their service is excellent as well.
Hotels In Charlotte
If you are looking for a place to stay while in Charlotte, there are many hotels to choose from. Here is a list of the most popular hotels in Charlotte according to TripAdvisor:
1. Ramada Plaza – This hotel has a 4.5 star rating on TripAdvisor and boasts “good value for your money.” It is located near the center of the city and has free parking.
2. Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel – This hotel also has a 4.5 star rating on TripAdvisor and offers “good service and comfortable rooms.” It is located close to the airport and has an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center.
3. Wyndham Garden – This hotel also has a 4.5 star rating on TripAdvisor and offers “excellent service, great amenities, and great value.” It is located close to the city center and has a spa, an indoor pool, and a business center.
4. The Ritz-Carlton – This 5-star hotel offers “gorgeous rooms,” excellent services, and is located close to the city center. It also has an indoor pool and a casino.
Shopping In Charlotte
Charlotte is known for its shopping, and there are plenty of stores to choose from if you’re looking for something specific. You can find fashion brands like Abercrombie & Fitch and Nike in the downtown area, as well as high-end stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. If you’re looking for souvenirs, you can find everything from T-shirts to paintings at the many souvenir shops around town. And if you’re in the mood for some good food, Charlotte has a lot to offer, too. You can find restaurants of all types in the city, from fast food chains to higher-end establishments.
How To Get There?
There are plenty of ways to get to Charlotte, and no matter what route you choose, you’re sure to have a great time on your trip. From airports to major highways, here’s everything you need to know about getting to Charlotte from different parts of the country.
Charlotte International Airport (CLT) is located approximately 20 miles north of the city center. If you’re coming from the east or west, take I-77 or I-85 south; both highways will merge into I-277 in Charlotte. If you’re coming from the north or south, take I-85 north and merge onto I-277; both highways will eventually merge into I-485 in downtown Charlotte.
From CLT, there are several options for getting around town. The Charlotte Transportation Center is a major hub for local buses and taxis, and it’s only a few blocks from the airport. You can also catch buses or taxis on Central Avenue in downtown Charlotte or at several other stops around town.
If renting a car is your preferred mode of transportation, consider using one of the many car rental companies located in Charlotte.