Not only is traveling to be fun, but it also offers a great opportunity to explore new places and get some fresh perspective. Luckily, there are plenty of tours, destinations, and activities in Bloomington that make your stay more enjoyable. Read on to find out more!
Map of Bloomington
Bloomington is a great place to live and work, but it’s also a great place to explore. There are plenty of things to do in Bloomington, regardless of what interests you. Whether you’re into hiking, biking, exploring world-renowned art galleries, or learning about local history, Bloomington has something for you. In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to some of the maps and things to do in Bloomington that we think you’ll enjoy.
Bloomington Maps and Things To Do Photo Gallery
Why Visit Bloomington?
Bloomington is a beautiful and historic city located in Indiana. It has a lot to offer visitors, including attractions like the Monroe County Courthouse, the Indiana University Bloomington campus, and Parkview Mall. Bloomington also has plenty of restaurants and nightlife options, as well as plenty of attractions for those who love nature.
Things To Do in Bloomington
If you’re looking for things to do in Bloomington, there’s no need to look any further! Here are some of the best options for visitors of all ages:
1. Take a walk around the famous Monroe Park District. This park district has more than 30 acres of gardens, forests, lakes, and trails, making it a great place to spend a day exploring. There are also plenty of restaurants, shops, and galleries in the area.
2. Visit the Indiana University Campus. This vibrant campus is home to several museums and galleries, as well as dozens of restaurants and bars. You can explore on your own or take a guided tour from one of the many providers on site.
3. Catch a show at The Rave or one of the other theaters in Downtown Bloomington. These theaters offer a wide variety of concerts and shows throughout the year. Whether you’re looking for comedy or drama, there’s sure to be something worth checking out in Downtown Bloomington.
4. Spend an afternoon shopping at one of Bloomington’s many boutiques and retailers. From clothing to home goods, there’s something for everyone in this trendy city.
What To Pack for a Trip to Bloomington
When planning a trip to Bloomington, there are a few things you’ll want to pack in your suitcase. Bloomington is a college town and as such, the nightlife can be pretty wild. You may want to bring some precautions if you’re looking for late night fun. Aside from the typical tourist attractions, Bloomington has plenty of things to do if you’re looking to occupy your time while in town. Here are 5 things to explore while visiting Bloomington:
1. See the architecture of Indiana University Bloomington. From the Gothic revival buildings on campus to the modernist structures around Monroe Park, IU Bloomington has a lot of beautiful architecture to see.
2. Take a walk through Monroe Park and explore the grounds. There’s plenty of green space to walk around and plenty of interesting statues and sculptures to take in.
3. Visit the Lilly Library or one of IU Bloomington’s many other libraries. The libraries here have a ton of different books and resources for students and visitors alike.
Hotel Listings in Bloomington
Looking for a place to stay in Bloomington? This is your guide to the best hotels in the city.
If you’re looking for a luxury hotel, you’ll likely want to head to the downtown area. There are a number of high-end options within walking distance of the CBD. For a more budget-friendly option, check out some of the other neighborhoods in Bloomington.
There are also plenty of accommodations outside of the city center. Take a look at our list of Bloomington hotels and see which one suits your needs best.